Saturday, October 20, 2007

A Kiss

"A Kiss" is the name of the first Lesson Set on the Effortless English Club Album. The central story for "A Kiss" is about a boy who gives his car to a girl to get a kiss from her.

"A Kiss" is a mid-beginner level lesson. The vocabulary is simple. I speak quite slowly in this lesson set. I pronounce more carefully and clearly.

Many intermediate and advanced members may want to skip this lesson. They might think, "This is much too easy for me." But I think that is a mistake.

In my experience, most advanced English students NEED simple practice with very basic English. I have taught many students, for example, who have large vocabularies and great TOEFL scores-- but who constantly make mistakes with common past tense verbs.

For example, many advanced students will use "go" when they should use "went". They know that "went" is correct, but "go" is stuck deep in their brain. They know the grammar rules, but they do not FEEL the grammar automatically.

To correct these very basic speaking problems, you need to use the easy lessons. These lessons will teach you to use correct grammar automatically. You'll also learn to use common vocabulary in the correct way-- without thinking.

Remember, Effortless English is a DEEP LEARNING system. Just knowing a rule or definition isn't enough. You probably know most of the rules, but you still constantly make mistakes when you speak. You don't need to know rules, you need to FEEL the correct forms Deeply and Automatically.

I recommend that ALL members start with The "A Kiss" Lesson Set. And I recommend that ALL members use every Lesson Set for a full week (or more). By listening to the lessons and answering the questions, you learn deeply, and teach yourself to speak correctly without thinking. English speaking becomes AUTOMATIC.

So, whether you are a beginner... or have a huge English vocabulary... start with "A Kiss"!


Listen To This Article at:
The Effortless English Podcast.

1 comment:

Ignacio said...

Hi AJ,

Can you help me out, please. I'm a member of the club and when I paid the membership fee, I got an email containing a link. That was the downloading link to get all the lessons. The problem is that on the list I can't see "a kiss".

My list begins with:

0. Affiliate Guide
0. Welcome Guide
1. Changed Lessons
1. Drag Lessons
2. Bad Choices Lessons
...
etc


Could you help me please?

thanks, my email is lamparamaravillosa@gmail.com

Ignacio